Not sure what to make tonight for dinner? How about something that is easily available in our kitchen.. I would like to share with you one easy and interesting recipe– Corn Potato Curry.
This recipe serves 3 people
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup – grated onion
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2 -3 cups grated makai (you can use frozen makai and grind it)
- 1 tbsp – ginger, garlic & green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp – sambhar masala
- 1/2 tbsp – mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp – red chili powder
- 1/4 tbsp – turmeric powder
- pinch – hing
- 2 cups – water
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds. After mustard seed crackle add hing and curry leaves.
- Add finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies and grated onion. Saute it for 2 minutes.
- Then add all the masala’s – Sambhar masalo (Most important ingredient), red chili powder and turmeric powder. Cook it for about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water , diced potatoes and salt.
- Cover the pan with lid and let the potatoes cook tender. (Not to be overcooked)
- After Potatoes are cooked add grated corn, finely chopped tomatoes and salt. Let it simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Corn potato curry is ready to serve with roti, paratha, naan or Rice…!!!!
Note: If you want to serve with rice.. add 1 cup of water when you add tomatoes.