Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend…! 🙂 I always have a sense of satisfaction when I eat some nice roti sabji, dal chawal. How about you friends???
Among the World’s Healthiest vegetables, spinach comes out at the top of our ranking list for nutrient richness. Spinach has lot of health benefits including anti cancer, anti inflammatory and anti- oxidant and many more benefits. Today I am going to share with you Palak Makai sabji .. which is quick and easy to make.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups boiled sweet corn or you can use either Paneer or boiled potato.
- 3/4 cup onion paste
- 3/4 cup tomato pulp
- 1/3 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 1/3 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Milk
For The Spinach Puree (makes Approx. 3/4 Cup)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped spinach
- 3 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped coriander
- 4-5 pcs garlic cloves
- 3 pcs green chillies
- ½- 1 inch of ginger
For the spinach purée
- Combine the spinach, dried fenugreek leaves , sugar and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Allow it to cool completely and grind it in a mixer to a smooth purée along with coriander, garlic, green chillies and ginger. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onion paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala,mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared spinach purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the salt and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn kernels, paneer or potato or mix of two(Aloo Makai or paneer Makai) mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot with phulkas or parathas.
Below is Corn Palak
Note: Add masala’s as per you taste and spice level.