Leftover special ..!!
Kichadi is one of those dishes which is maximum made in gujarati homes and most of the time there is left over. Today I am sharing with you one leftover reciepe – Kichadi Paratha..! Kichadi Paratha was taught to me by my mother-in-law.These paratha’s are great for breakfast made from leftover khichdi or even to take to work for lunch. These parathas are filling and nourishing too!
- 2 cups leftover khichdi
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or till it mixes well with kichadi to knead dough.
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- ½- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Ginger – Garlic- Green Chili paste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (optional)
- 3 tbsp ghee or oil
- whole wheat flour for rolling
- oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough. You can add little bit of water
2.Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion in to circle taking whole wheat flour for rolling.
3.Heat a tava and cook each paratha using little oil till golden brown spots appear on both the sides and the parathas are cooked.
4.Serve hot with Dahi or pickle.