Bottle gourd is an excellent food with loads of nutritional value. Bottle gourd (lauki/doodhi) is one of those vegetables that most of people run away from. Some of us find it very bland in taste. Bottle gourd has been a part of Indian cuisine since a long time. The benefits of bottle gourd are just too many to ignore this healthy vegetable.
Here by I am sharing with you another healthy yet yummy sabji
- 1- big Bottle gourd (lauki/doodhi) chopped in about 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp – Oil
- 3 – Whole dry red chillies
- 1 large – Chopped Onion
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric
- 2 tsp – Dhaniya-jeera powder
- 1 tsp – Curry powder/ kitchen King masala
- ½ tsp – Red Chili powder
- ½ tsp – Garam masala
- 1 inch – finely Ginger chopped
- 2 medium – diced tomatoes
- 1 medium/ ½ big – Chopped Green capsicum
- 1 medium – diced potato or 1/2 cup moong badi
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Salt to taste.
- Heat oil to the pan. Add whole red chillies and onion (optional green chilies and garlic paste) and sauté for two minutes.
- Then add lauki/ doodhi and salt and mix well. Cover and cook for two minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, Dhaniya-jeera powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, ginger and tomatoes.
- Mix well and continue to cook two to three minutes.
- Add diced potato or moong badi (roasted in oil for 2 minutes ) and half a cup of water. Mix, reduce heat, cover and cook till the lauki is done.
- Add green capsicums and coriander leaves. Mix and cook for a minute. Serve hot with naan, paratha or roti..! J