Paneer Khandvi (microwave recipe)
This gujarati delicacy can now be made in just five minutes in the microwave!these freshly tempered in fact, it is even easier to make because you do not have to constantly stir the curds and besan mixture like you would have to on a gas-top. Just ensure that there are no lumps in the batter or else the khandvis will not be uniform in size and the texture will also go for a toss.
- 3/4 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- 3/4 cup curds (dahi) mixed with 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 4 to 5 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 3 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- ½ cup grated paneer (add some chat masala for flavor)
- Combine the besan, curds-water mixture, ginger- green chilli paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 4½ minutes, stirring twice in between with help of a whisk after every 1½ minutes.
- Spread the mixture on a smooth kitchen platform or surface. Allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut the khandvi lengthwise at a distance of 37 mm. (1½”) in width to make equal sized strips.
- Sprinkle grated paneer
- Carefully roll out each strip from one end to another end to form cylindrical rolls. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in small kadhai, once oil is hot add Rai, hing, curry leaves and sesame seeds. [ or you can heat oil in microwave safe bowl for 2 minis with all the ingredients]
- Pour the tempering on top of the khandvi.
8. Serve immediately garnished with coconut and coriander