Inspired by one of the trip to local festival where I first tasted the Greek fries. Greek fries traditional fries served with some Greek sauce, cheese, herbs and few more simple ingredients. Below is the recipe of one of the yummy fries.
The Sauce which is going to be topped on the fries is Tzatziki sauce.
I followed the recipe from www.food.com with few changes.
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 3 cups full fat plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp – Lemon Juice
- 1 clove – Garlic minced
- 1 – Large English Cucumber
- 1 tbsp – Salt
- 1 tbsp – fresh chopped mint (or Dill) or both
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients for Fries:
- 4 large potatoes, sliced and put in cold water adding some salt
- Greek Seasoning
- Feta Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel cucumbers and dice. Put them in a colander and sprinkle with the tablespoon of salt (draws water out). Cover with a plate and sit something heavy on top. Let sit for 30 minute Drain well and wipe dry with a paper towel.
- In blender, add cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, mint, and black pepper. Process until well blended, then stir into yogurt. Taste before adding any extra salt, then salt if needed. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so flavors can blend.
- Fry crispy potato fries or sweet potato fries.
- Put the fries in the serving tray, top it with the Tzatziki Sauce, some Feta cheese, Greek Seasoning, very less salt and pepper. And Enjoy..!!