My apologies for disappearing for such a long time. But I am back with another healthy and quick recipe. J..! Who does not love rice..!! sometimes rice is considered healthier than wheat.. especially when you wanna loose that extra fat ;)…!
So below is one more variation recipe of Rice – Paneer Phunida Pulao..!!!
Paneer Phudina Pulao
- 2 ½ cup Basmati rice
- Half a bunch Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 100gms Paneer (cottage cheese) chopped 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsps. chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp. green chili paste
- 4 1/2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4-6 Green cardamoms
- 4-6 Cloves
- 2-3 Black cardamoms
- 5-6 Black peppercorns
- ¾ cup Yogurt (whisked)
- Salt to taste
- a pinch of sugar
- Oil for frying
- Ghee 3 tablespoons
- Soak basmati rice in three cups of water for half an hour.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep-fry paneer to a golden color.
- Drain onto an absorbent kitchen towel.
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Add bay leaves, green cardamoms, cloves, black cardamoms and peppercorns.
- When they begin to crackle, add ginger, garlic and chili paste.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Mix well and stir in yogurt / tomato puree and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add two and three fourth cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and slight Garam masala
- Drain and add rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add half the chopped mint leaves and mix lightly.
- Cover pan and cook on low heat for about eight to ten minutes or till rice is completely cooked.
- Mix in fried paneer pieces and serve hot garnished with the remaining mint leaves or coriander..!